FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 14, 2012
Contact: OWS PR Team, 347-292-1444, email@example.com
OCCUPY WALL STREET
SEPTEMBER 15, 16 AND 17 ANNIVERSARY PLANS SET
PUSHBACK AGAINST 1% GREED, OUTCRY FOR ECONOMIC JUSTICE!
“ALL ROADS LEAD TO WALL STREET”
For the anniversary of Occupy Wall Street (OWS), September 15, 16 and 17, under the banner All Roads Lead to Wall Street three days of education, celebration and resistance to economic injustice are planned — with convergences and assemblies, concerts, and some of OWS’s famous direct action planned for 7 AM on September 17 (also known as S17) at the New York Stock Exchange. See full schedule below.
There’s an array of events signaling lots of energy as OWS begins year two. All offer story ideas and possible availabilities with activists. Sunday’s concert and Monday’s civil disobedience will be especially vibrant and visual with good turnout expected. For more details and last minute changes: s17nyc.org/schedule
SAT. SEPT 15: EDUCATION ~ Washington Square Park
The day’s events are about connecting with a broader community, teach-ins, skillshares, assemblies, public workshops and more. Looking for a chance to see how OWS organizing works, how movement veterans and newcomers interact? Saturday’s activities have many opportunities to tell those stories.
- 10:30am-12:30pm – Welcome and Orientation Activities, Lunch
- 12:30pm-4pm – Inaugural Assembly and Thematic Breakout Groups
- 4pm-7pm – Direct Action & Know Your Rights Training* + Closing Assembly
- 7:30pm-9pm – Debt Resistors’ Operation Manual Exclusive Preview Event, Judson Church
- 8-10:00pm – S17 Affinity Group Spokescouncil
SUN. SEPT 16: CELEBRATION
The day’s events are about flexing people power in the streets and utilizing public spaces. The Occupy movement continues to utilize culturally creative tactics to build the movement for social and economic justice.
- 10am-1pm – Spectra Frack Pipeline Blast Zone March with the Occupy Guitarmy, who will lead a musical march through the village to Foley Square. (Meet at Gansevoort and Hudson River Greenway)
- 12-5pm – Educational/community-oriented Occupy Town Square (Thomas Paine Park)
- 1pm-6pm – “99 REVOLUTIONS”, concert featuring Tom Morello, Jello Biafra, Das Racist, Rebel Diaz, Michelle Shocked, and more. (Foley Square)
- 6:30pm – Direct Action & Know Your Rights Training* (Foley Square)
- 7:30pm – Occupy Rosh Hashanah Services (Liberty Square/Zuccotti Park)
MON. SEPT 17: RESISTANCE Financial District
On the one year anniversary, people from all walks of life are going to assemble in the streets of the Financial District in an outcry for economic justice. For on-the-ground updates please contact the OWS PR Team directly.
- 7am – The People’s Wall, a non-violent civil disobedience at the Stock Exchange.* + 99 Revolutions: a swirl of mobile intersection occupations throughout the Financial District which will spring from the People’s Wall Action. (Final tipsheet will be out Sunday regarding Monday’s protest and meeting locations)
- 10am – Storm Wall Street, an ecologically themed convergence for a sustainable future (Bowling Green)
- 12-2pm – The 99% Return to Wall Street, this assembly will bring together Union workers and leadership, economics experts, faith, community members, students and occupiers to let our voices be heard once more at (Liberty Square/Zuccotti Park)
- 6-8pm – Popular Assembly (Foley Square)
*Building the People’s Wall advance action trainings are open to the press giving a behind-the-scenes look at preparations for the Monday protest and possible availability with inidual protesters.
Occupy Wall Street won’t stop until the 99% gets what it deserves–economic justice.
Occupy Wall Street PR Team
Contact: 347-292-1444 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @occupywallstpr
For more info on the #S17 visit www.s17nyc.org
# # #